Many of Epson printer users face issues while installing new programs in their printer. Commonly, the error code 0x50 appears on the operating system that restricts the use of the Epson Printer Error Code 0x50 occurs due to improper installment of new programs over the old program or without improper or no uninstalling of the required software.
The good news is that the users can easily resolve this error by themselves. In this blog post, we will be discussing some methods to get rid of error code 0x50 of your Epson printer.
Steps to Fix Epson error code 0x50 by yourself
Below are some easy to apply methods that will help users to fix error code 0x50 in no time. Read on and follow the given solutions one by one.
By running the system file checker
The System File Checker is an inbuilt tool in Windows operating system that can help to resolve the error code 0x50. Follow the below-mentioned steps to run System File Checker.
- First, open the start menu by pressing the ‘Windows’ button on your key board.
- Now, type ‘cmd’ and then right click on the command prompt
- Next, select ‘run the program as an Administrator’
- After that, type ‘sfc/scannow’ and press the enter button
Now, the System File Checker will scan your device for the error and fix it automatically. Finally, restart your system and printer and see if the issue is resolved or not.
By reinstalling your Epson Printer Driver
A corrupt printer driver can be a cause for the error code 0x50. Un-installing your printer driver software and then re-installing it can also help to remove this error.
- First, press the Windows and ‘R’ button together and then type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press enter key
- On the next screen, look for Epson Printer Driver on the list and right click on it
- Now, select the ‘Uninstall’ option
- Restart your system and then open your web browser to visit the Epson’s official website
- Next, download the printer driver for your printer by entering your printer model in ‘Driver and Download’ section
- After that, install the driver by running the installer as an Administrator to complete the installation process
- Finally, check your printer’s working by printing a test page
By resetting the Epson Printer
If the error code 0x50 still appears, try resetting your printer as this may resolve the error. This method can fix any issue on your printer easily. Follow the steps to reset your printer.
- First, open your printer control panel and select ‘Set-up’ from the home screen
- Now, open the System Administration and select ‘Restore to Default Setting’ option
- On the next screen, select ‘clear all data and settings’. Click on ‘Yes’ if asked to do so
- Your printer will be reset. Try printing a test page to check the issue is resolved or not
Hopefully, your Epson error code 0x50 should be fixed by trying the above-mentioned solutions. If you find it hard to resolve the error, you can also contact Epson support to get direct help from the professionals.