Epson printers are well known for performance, durability, and provide the best value, but sometimes, users may face some errors due to some mechanical failure or improper use. Epson Printer Error Code 0xf3 is one of such errors that Epson printer users face frequently. The major reason for this error is an unknown object stuck inside your printer.
In this blog post, we will discuss Epson error code 0xf3 and its solutions in detail. If by any chance you are facing this issue, worry not, in this article we will tell you some easy methods that will help you to fix this error by yourself. Read on to know about the possible solutions for the Epson error code 0xf3.
What are the possible causes for Error code 0xf3 on Epson Printer?
Epson error code 0xf3 may occur due to several reasons. Some of them are discussed below. Have a look at them as knowing the cause can help in solving the issue in minimum time.
You may be facing Epson error code 0xf3 due to:
- A weak or bad internet connection
- Stuck paper in the paper feed
- Paper jamming inside the printer
- Dried or empty ink cartridge
- Outdated printer driver
Possible solutions for Epson error code 0xf3
By restarting your Epson printer
The basic method is to perform the power reset of your printer. This method can help you to get rid of this issue.
- First, press and hold down the power button to completely shut down your device
- Now, unplug the power chord form the power outlet and wait for 10 to 20 minutes
- Next, press the power button and hold it.
- At the same time, plug in the power chord into the power outlet
- After that, connect your printer to the system and try to print a test page to see check if the issue is resolved or not
Sometimes Epson printer shows error code 0xf3 when there is dust inside the printer. Follow the below steps to clean your Epson printer.
- First, press the power button to off your printer
- After that, remove the ink cartridge from the printer
- Now, remove the power chord from printer and power outlet
- Then, with the help of a screw driver unscrew the led cover and remove it
- Next, take a clean and dry cotton dab and clean the interior region carefully to remove dirt
- Once you have done that, refit the led cover and plug in all the connections
- Then, power on the printer
- Finally, try to print a test page to see whether the issue is resolved or not
Check and clean your ink cartridges
- Turn off your Epson printer and unplug it from the power source
- Also. disconnect the printer from your computer
- Once you have done that, open the printer casing
- Now, with the help of a clean paper towel and soak it with any head cleaning fluid
- Then, clean the mechanic pad and the other sensitive areas of your Epson printer
- After that, remove the paper towel and wait for at least 15 minutes
- Now, connect the disconnected cables and start your printer
By reinstalling your Epson Printer Driver
A corrupt printer driver can be a cause for the Epson error code 0xf3. Un-installing your printer driver software and then re-installing it can also help to remove this error.
- First, press the Windows and ‘R’ button together and then type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press enter key
- On the next screen, look for Epson Printer Driver on the list and right click on it
- Now, select the ‘Uninstall’ option
- Restart your system and then open your web browser to visit the Epson’s official website
- Next, download the printer driver for your printer by entering your printer model in ‘Driver and Download’ section
- After that, install the driver by running the installer as an Administrator to complete the installation process
- Finally, check your printer’s working by printing a test page
Update or reinstall the Printer Driver
Some of the most genuine reasons for the Epson Error Code 0xf3 are a faulty or incomplete installation of the printer driver and an outdated printer driver. Therefore, you should check for updates or reinstall the latest version of the Epson printer driver to get your printer working again. Follow the below-mentioned steps to download the latest Epson printer driver version.
- First, press the Windows logo button on your keyboard and type “device manager” in the search bar
- After that, press the enter button to open the device manager on your computer screen
- Now, search for the Epson Printer Driver on the Device Manager screen, and ‘right click’ on it
- By this action, a drop-down menu will appear on your computer screen. Next, select the “Update the Driver” option
- The system will automatically check for the updated version of Epson Printer Driver
- If there is any update available, the system will start downloading the latest version.
- Once the download is complete, install the downloaded version
- Finally, check whether the printer is working or not
Hopefully, by trying the above methods you should be able to resolve Epson error code 0xf3. In any case, if you are still facing the same issue, feel free to contact the Epson customer support team to get direct assistance from the professionals.