Many Epson printer users face the Error Code 0xf1 that prevents them to use the printer as it stops working. Epson Printer Error Code 0xf1 can appear when there is a corrupt registry in your printer.
A jammed paper in the paper tray, damaged cartridge, network error, outdated printer, and many more could be the cause for Epson Error Code 0xf1. If you know the correct method, the error can be resolved immediately. In this blog post, we will be discussing some solutions that will help you to get rid of the Epson Error Code 0xf1.
Methods to fix the Epson Printer Error Code 0xf1
Below is a list of methods that will help you in overcoming the Epson Error Code 0xf1. Follow these methods one-by-one until your Epson printer starts working normally.
Examine all the Connection and Restart your Computer
This is one of the simplest methods to get your printer working, because the Epson Error Code 0xf1 may be due to improper connection between the printer and your operating device.
So, check and make sure that all plug-in is connected properly between the printer and computer.
Also, restart your computer once as it may also eliminate the Epson Printer Error Code 0xf1. Keep your computer and printer off for a few minutes and then restart them to check whether the error is resolved or not.
Check the printer for Jammed Paper
You may be facing the Epson Error Code 0xf1 because there is a jammed paper in the paper tray of your printer. Removal of the jammed paper will fix the Epson Error Code 0xf1 immediately. Follow the below-mentioned steps to perform this action.
- First, turn off your computer and printer
- Then, remove the printer casing and take out the paper tray
- Now, look for the stuck paper on the tray. If you find any, remove it from the paper tray gently
- Once you have done that, place a bunch of papers inside the paper tray. Make sure not to overload the paper tray with papers.
- Finally, refit the paper tray back at its place and try to print something to see whether the issue is resolved or not
Update or reinstall the Printer Driver
Some of the most genuine reasons for the Epson Error Code 0xf1 are a faulty or incomplete installation of the printer driver and an outdated printer driver. Therefore, you should check for updates or reinstall the latest version of the Epson printer driver to get your printer working again. Follow the below-mentioned steps to download the latest Epson printer driver version.
- First, press the Windows logo button on your keyboard and type “device manager” in the search bar
- After that, press the enter button to open the device manager on your computer screen
- Now, search for the Epson Printer Driver on the Device Manager screen, and ‘right click’ on it
- By this action, a drop-down menu will appear on your computer screen. Next, select the “Update the Driver” option
- The system will automatically check for the updated version of Epson Printer Driver
- If there is any update available, the system will start downloading the latest version.
- Once the download is complete, install the downloaded version
- Finally, check whether the printer is working or not
Look for the external peripherals
Sometimes, the error code 0xf1 may appear when there are external peripherals attached to the system.
Therefore, check your system for external peripherals. If found, disconnect all of them from the system and check if the printer starts working or not.
Check the Ink Cartridge and Print Head
An empty or blocked ink cartridge can be a reason for your printer showing Epson Error Code 0xf1. This may be due to the low ink level in your ink cartridge, or due to the blocked outlet of the ink cartridge. This prevents the ink to flow freely from the cartridge to the paper thus resulting in Error Code 0xf1.
Follow the below-mentioned procedure to check your ink cartridge.
- First, turn off your Epson printer
- Then, lift the scanner unit gently
- Now, press the stop button and lift the ink cartridge by squeezing the tab on the cartridge
- Check if the ink head is clogged or blocked. If yes, clean them and refit the ink cartridge back at its place.
- If the ink level is low or cartridge is empty, refill it properly and fit it back at its place
- Finally, turn on your printer and check if it starts working or not
By following above-mentioned methods, you can easily fix the Epson Error Code 0xf1 by yourself. Hopefully, this blog post provides you good assistance to get rid of Error Code 0xf1 on your Epson printer.
Also Read: How to Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0x97